What is therapy?
At Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC, you will meet with a licensed and qualified therapist to help you live a happier, healthier and more productive life. We utilize research-based best practices to help our clients develop more effective approaches to life. Therapy is a collaborative treatment based on the relationship between client and therapist. Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC provides a supportive environment that allows you to talk openly with a professional who is always objective, neutral and nonjudgmental, allowing you to freely share your innermost thoughts.
Why should I consider therapy?
Anytime your quality of life is not where you want it to be, psychotherapy may be an option that can help you live the meaningful life you deserve. Some people seek therapy because they feel depressed. Other individuals may want help dealing with a chronic illness that is interfering with their emotional well-being or perhaps a caregiver/family member needs assistance coping with the illness of their loved one.
Still others may have short-term challenges in which they need guidance and direction - perhaps experiencing a divorce, facing an empty nest, feeling overwhelmed by a new job or dealing with the grief of a loved one's death. Perhaps you are preparing for marriage and interested in premarital counseling to help your marriage start with a strong foundation.
Signs that you could benefit from therapy include:
- You feel a prolonged sense of helplessness or sadness.
- Your problems do not get better despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
- You find it difficult to focus at work or to carry out daily activities.
- You worry excessively, and feel constantly on edge.
- Your actions, such as drinking alcohol, using drugs or being aggressive, cause harm to you or others.
How can therapy help me?
Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, traumatic events, grief, stress management and body image. Therapy can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. We can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or assist you with identification of a solution. Some of the benefits we work with you to achieve in therapy may include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress
- Managing grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Identifying negative behavior patterns and developing positive new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
What is therapy like?
Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC personalizes outpatient therapy treatment specific to the issues and goals of each individual. We will work together on exploring issues in your life that you would like to gain clarity on. Depending on your specific needs, we will schedule regular therapy sessions to a timeframe and frequency that is most conducive to you reaching your desired goals and outcomes.
What about insurance?
To determine if you have mental health coverage through your insurance carrier, please contact your representative to review your benefits. Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC is considered an Out-Of-Network Provider with most plans and after each session we provide you with the necessary statement (superbill) to submit for your reimbursement. The reimbursement check will come directly to you. Some helpful questions you can ask your insurance representative include:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is prior approval required from my primary care physician?
Are the therapy sessions confidential?
Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC believes it is a primary obligation to safeguard information about our clients obtained during the course of therapy. Personal information is only communicated to others that you designate with your written consent, or in circumstances as dictated by state law. Disclosure of counseling information is restricted to what is necessary, relevant and verifiable.
Release of information without consent of a client may only take place under the most extreme circumstances: the protection of life (suicidality or homicidality), child abuse, and/or abuse of incompetent persons and elder abuse. Mental health counselors are required to comply with state and federal statutes concerning mandated reporting.
What do I do next?
Call or email Empower You Counseling Center, PLLC today for a no-cost, confidential consultation - you will be glad that you did.